Joan O’Shaughnessy was elected as President of the R&R at its AGM in September. Joan follows in the footsteps of her father, Clem Ryan, who was President from 1987 – 1998 having previously served as Honorary General Secretary for over twenty years. Her mother, Eithne, was also an Active Member and subsequently became the Social Organizer for a number of years, including the historic period when the Society acquired its premises in Rathmines.
Joan brings not just a great R&R heritage but also new energy to the Presidency and we wish her well in her new role.
New Executive Committee.
Following a review of the operations of the R&R, a revised set of Rules were approved at the AGM as a consequence of which a new smaller Executive Committee was elected. Chaired by Michael Forde, whose father, Paddy, also served as Chair and President, the new Executive Committee are:
- Shay Gibson, General Secretary
- Stephen O Mara, Treasurer
- Derek Bunyan , Production Secretary
- Jackie Mountaine, Marketing & Communications Secretary
- David Cox, Membership Secretary
- Victoria O’Mahony, Active Member Representative
- Michelle Foynes, Active Members Representative